Tuesday 9 August 2011

I Heart Buttons Bouquets

  



In my last two blogs I have written about hand beaded flower bouquets and button hair accessories, in this time I could not help but think about one of my favourite Twitter friends who combines both these elements to make the most amazing and individual bouquets.  So I thought it would only be right to share this very talented lady with you.




There is an emerging trend for brides to take some of the traditional features of a wedding day and give them a unique personalised feel.  Fresh flower bouquets are one of the latest areas to be given this modern day twist.    I Heart Buttons designer Lesa has captured the very essence of this trend by creating individualised bouquets from a mix of vintage and new buttons.  She also offers to incorporate sentimental pieces of jewellery  into the bouquet for that extra personalised touch.


I Heart Buttons is based on the Isle of Wight where Lesa divides her time between designing, looking after her two children, and hunting for those gorgeous vintage buttons that give her bouquets such a unique feel.  Lesa's skills are self taught and only came to light in 2010 when she was approached to make a bouquet after some one saw a design she had created as a gift for a friend.  The result of this enquiry led to the launch of I Heart Buttons.  





And her collection does not stop at bouquets... her designs also include buttonholes and earrings.  "I have some fantastic ideas for different ideas to try so watch this space for new styles coming soon" says Lesa.



It's been lovely to introduce you to some of Lesa's work and if you would like to read further and see more of her lovely designs, please visit the website at I Heart Buttons.

Louise x

1 comment:

Lesa said...

What a lovely blog! Thank you so much Louise x