Monday 14 March 2011

Weymouth Deck Chairs

I know this has nothing to do with tiaras but I find it is good to try lots of different creative projects to keep the mind buzzing for new ideas.  On Saturday my family and I went to a local arts project where over a short period of time people are getting together to come up with designs for around 500 deckchairs to be used on our local beach.  This is part of a package to bring life to our seaside town of Weymouth that along with Portland, will be hosting the 2012 Olympic sailing events.

We had great fun on the day and I was amazed to see how well my eight year old daughter can sew.  It put a smile on my face this morning to see that my hand stiched hermit crab had made it to the blogsite - possibly not the best example of seaside art in the world but a bloomin good bit of fun :)  Check it out at: http://olympicdeckchairs.tumblr.com/page/1 


Louise x

No comments: