Friday 16 September 2011

A Celebration of Cupcakes


Yesterday a good friend of mine wished me "happy cupcake week" and handed over a gift of a lovely blue, pink and yellow note book as she knows that I am such a huge fan of the sugared creations.  I would have to admit that even though my kitchen is filled with lovely images of cakes on everything from tea towels to cake tins, I did not have a clue that a week was set aside every year to celebrate the naughty little treats.  So as an avid follower and with so many brides opting for a tower of cupcakes instead of the traditional wedding cake, it is my duty to find out more!





Cupcake week is from the 12th to the 18th of September and started in 2009 by British Baker Magazine to encourage food outlets and professional cake makers to experiment, feel pride in their cupcake creations and to enjoy increased sales gained through the National Cupcake Week exposure.

Cupcake makers are encouraged to join in the competitions and many use the success of their sales to help raise funds for the partner charity CLIC Sargent, which supports children with cancer.  



If you would like to read more about this delicious event go to the National Cupcake Week's home page for information on competition winners and some lovely recipes.  And if you want to give me some of the cakes you make, I am more then happy to try them - yum! 




I would like to give a special thank you to Rachel of Bournemouth based Lets Make Cupcakes who gave me these lovely images of cupcakes.  If you want to find out how to decorate your cakes like a professional (mine taste great but they do look like the icing bowl has tripped over and spilled its contents all over my cakes!), then check out her website www.letsmakecupcakes.co.uk

Above all, have fun and get baking!

Louise x

No comments: